Why Sell Diamond Ring?
There are many reasons why consumers may want to sell your diamond ring. To view the best diamond buyers visit this site. Perhaps you inherited the diamond ring, found it among your old jewelry, or no longer want to wear the diamond ring. If you have a diamond that you no longer want there are many companies that will be willing to buy the ring from you.
The first step to selling a diamond ring is understanding the value. This will enable you to gain a good price for the piece.The price that was paid for your diamond ring will not be the resale price. While the retail prices of rings do appreciate, selling a diamond does not generally offer a price anywhere near what was paid for it. An offer will be dependent on the condition and quality of the stones and the weight of the band.
Tips to Be Careful
You may be wondering why there is such a difference in price well here are just a few reasons:
- Even though diamonds are the hardest natural substance known to man, diamonds can still chip based on the amount of time they are worn and how the wearer has cared for the ring.
- Sales tax is added to all retail items and that can be up to 8% if sold within the United States.
- Certification is necessary before resale to maximize the sales price and certification costs money.
- Markets will change because diamond and metal prices change daily.
- When a wholesale appraiser gives you a price they are considering the wholesale price. When you purchased the ring you paid the retail price.
Unless the ring is rare or unique it is difficult to get the full value of the ring. Even if you take exceptional care of your diamond ring. If you look to sell it through retail channels, buyers will not pay full price for what they can purchase from a jeweler. They will be looking for a bargain.
However, if you want to receive the most from your diamond ring, selling your diamond ring through an online diamond buyer usually offers the highest prices. For the highest amount of cash for your diamond ring, online is the way to go.
Online websites that want to buy your diamonds will appraise your diamond ring at no charge. The often will pay for the shipping and insurance to mail them the diamond ring. If you are unhappy with the amount they are offering to pay you, they will send the ring back to you at no charge. This process takes the risk out of selling your diamond.
Once you decide on a company, they will send you an overnight shipping label in order for you to send your diamond ring to them. Once they receive your diamond ring they will give you an appraisal and make an offer for your diamond ring. If you like the offer, the diamond website will send the money to your account. If you are unhappy with the offer the company will return the diamond ring to you. In the end there is very little risk to the consumer as long as you select a reputable company to deal with.